AUTO START STOP
How it works
- When your car comes to a complete stop, the engine turns off automatically.
- As soon as you take your foot off the brake the engine restarts with no delay.
- Your climate control fan, audio system and headlamps still work while your engine is off for your comfort.
- Temperature and humidity sensors detect interior temperatures and if your desired temperature is not being maintained the engine will turn on.
- Auto Start-Stop can improve fuel efficiency, on average, by up to 3.5%* compared to a similar car without this feature. For city drivers, it could be as high as 10%*, if you spend a lot of your driving time in idle.
- The system works automatically but you can turn it off, if you wish.
- The engine won’t stop if it’s warming up or in extreme temperatures. It may also start again if your battery needs re-charging.
- An enhanced pinion on the starter motor that quadruples the number of starts compared to a conventional starter motor is just one of the adjustments we made to the engine and transmissions to handle the increased number of starts.